For additional information on bus routes and schedules, please call (530) 252-7433.
LTSA will held a public hearing to consider the establishment of a new fare for a pilot project for on-demand transit service on August 8, 2022 at 1:15 PM at City of Susanville Council Chambers, 66 North Lassen Street in Susanville, CA. Fore more information click here.
Starting July 1st, 2022, Lassen Rural Bus will have some schedule updates: 1. The West County Morning Routes on weekdays will move 15min backs, meaning that the bus will leave Susanville at 5:36am instead of 5:21am, Chester at 6:45am instead of 6:30am and Westwood towards Susanville at 7:09am instead of 6:54am. The arrival times for the stop at Devil's Corral will change too, 2. Lassen Rural Bus will also start providing service to the Pacific Crest Trail outside of Chester. interested riders should call 530-252-7433 to reserve a ride, 3. Some stops of the Susanville City route have moved and there will only be one stop on Chestnut Street serving Public Health, EDD/ Allicance for Workforce Development and 4. The South County Commuter Route to the Sierra Army Depot will also pick up and drop off people at the Diamond Mountain Casino. The new riders' guide for July 2022 can be found here.
Lassen Rural Bus is now also offering a free rides to get you COIVD-19 vaccine. Click here for more information or call 530-252-RIDE (7433). The Lassen County Public Health has opened a local COIVD-19 Call Center to provide community members the option to talk to a person who can provide up-to-date COVID-19 information and resources, COVID-19 pre-screening, and instructions on next steps, as appropriate. The COVID-19 Call Center number is (530) 251-8100. Please visit www.lassencares.org for press releases and updates from Lassen County Public Health department regarding the recent COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak and click here for Public Health guidance on self-Isolation for older adults and those who have elevated risk. Click here for tips on how to help prevent the spread of germs.
Due to an April 18th, 2022 court ruling, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) January 29, 2021 Order requiring masks on public transportation conveyances and at public transportation hubs is no longer in effect. The CDC continues to recommend that people wear masks in indoor public transportation settings, but the Lassen Transit Service Agency is not requiring any passengers or bus operators to wear a face mask covering nose and mouth.
Download detailed bus route information for all areas we serve. For more information on connecting services to Redding, Red Bluff or Reno and transit options in north Lassen please click here. Information about our complementary paratransit service Dial-A-Ride can be found here.
You can also view routes, system alerts or real-time status updates for free on http://lrbpublic.etaspot.net/ from your computer or lrbmobile.etaspot.net from your mobile. The ETA SPOT app is also available in the Apple app store and in the Google play store. Simply download the app for free and select Lassen Rural Bus as your agency.
The Lassen Rural Bus (LRB) provides service that includes routes for the City of Susanville, West County and the South County Commuter Route, and summer service to Eagle Lake. Please call (530) 252-7433 for more information.
SUSANVILLE CITY ROUTE provides service in the city Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 6:52pm and Saturdays from 8:00am to 3:52pm; please refer to the map below for service locations. (This route includes service to the Susanville Ranch Park and the Honey Lake Valley Community Pool )
- Passengers can request transfer tickets for other Susanville City "Express" Route. Transfer tickets must be used the same day and are valid for two hours. Transfer tickets can only be used within the city of Susanville and cannot be used on the same route as you boarded.
- The bus stop at the community pool will be served as long as the pool is open.
- The Upper Rancheria, Numa & Cameron and the Susan River Apartments bus stops are now served on an on-demand basis. Passengers who wish to be picked up at one of these three stops should call Lassen Rural Bus at (530) 252 7433 to notify the bus operator about their intent. Passengers who wish to be dropped off at one of these three stops should notify the bus driver when boarding the bus.
SUSANVILLE CITY "EXPRESS" ROUTE provides service in the city Monday through Friday 10:37am to 4:00pm. Please refer to the map below for service locations. Passengers can request transfer tickets for other Susanville City Route. Transfer tickets must be used the same day and are valid for two hours. Transfer tickets can only be used within the city of Susanville and cannot be used on the same route as you boarded.
This route goes the opposite direction than the Susanville CIty Route (From College via Eskaton to Safeway, then from Safeway via Walmart, Alexander/ Riverside, Burger King to Museum and to the Casino via Paiute Ln, ending at the College again).
- The Susanville City "Express" Route is a pilot project for new services from October 2020 to June 2021 and will continue into the future.
Starting July 1st the weekday morning schedule will change, please see note on top of page.
WEST COUNTY ROUTE provides service between Susanville and Chester three times a day during the week and twice on Saturday. The route serves the following locations:
- Susanville (Safeway, Lassen College)
- Devil’s Corral
- Lake Forest (On demand)
- Westwood (Business Center)
- Clear Creek (Firestation)
- Hamilton Branch (Fishing Access Point)
- Holiday Market (Chester, Plumas County)
- Service to several locations to access the Bizz Johnson Trail (ask driver)
Download the West County Route Schedule
Download the Saturday West County Route Schedule
Download the Bizz Johnson Trail bus service info
- Susanville (Riverside Drive, College, Northeastern Rural Health Clinic)
- Susanville Mobile Home Park
- Johnstonville Store
- Leavitt Lake
- Days Inn RV Park
- Litchfield (Heard's Market - On demand on South County Route)
- Standish (Wayside Inn)
- A-3 @ Regina Rd.
- A-3 @ Sears Rd.
- Janesville (Payless Gas Station)
- Milford (US 395 @ Milford Store)
- US 395 @ The Mark
- Herlong (Fort Sage Family Resource Center, Market, Mobile Home Park)
- Doyle (Post Office, Senior Center - South County and holiday route only)
The SOUTH County Route for the Federal Holidays runs on federally observed holidays, Columbus Day and Veteran's Day.
The East County Route was discontinued on July 1, 2021.
Download regular South County Route Schedule
- Susanville (Casino and Riverside Drive)
- US 395 & SR 36 (Park & Ride)
- Janesville ( Chevron Park & Ride)
- Milford (Milford Store)
- Herlong (Herlong Market, SIAD Gate)
Download the South County Commuter Schedule
The EAGLE LAKE ROUTE provides service in to the Eagle Lake region on Saturdays, beginning Memorial Day weekend and ending on the final Saturday of September, or upon the closing of Eagle Lake Road, whichever comes first, and serves the following locations:
- Susanville (Wal-Mart, Diamond Mountain Casino, and Main and Gay)
- Lake Forest
- Gallatin Marina/Beach
- Spalding (Eagle Lake Store)
- Bucks Bay
- Mariner’s Resort-Stones
Services is by demand only. You must call by 5pm the Wednesday before your trip on Starurday. For more information please call the LRB Office at (530) 252-7433
Download the Eagle Lake Route Schedule
BUS PASSES are available for purchase during normal business hours at:
For detailed Route Maps and Guides for the Lassen Rural Bus service are available for download in Acrobat PDF format. You will need a copy of Acrobat Reader to view the files. Get Acrobat Reader.