The LCTC serves as the lead transportation planning and administrative agency for transportation projects and administrative agency for transportation projects and [programs in the Lassen County region. The LCTC's primary functions include:
- Administration of Transportation Development Act (TDA) funds;
- Preparation, adoption and submittal of a Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) to the California Department of Transportation and California Transportation Commission;
- Preparation of an annual Overall Work Program (OWP)
- Preparation and adoption of a Regional Transportation Improvement Program (RTIP);
- Review and comment on the Interregional Improvement Plan (IIP) contained in the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP);
- Review of and prioritization of grant applications for various funding programs; and,
- Facilitation of public education, awareness and involvement in regional transportation planning and programming.