Lassen County Transportation Commission
Consistent with state law, the Lassen County Transportation Commission (LCTC) consists of three members of the Susanville City Council and three members of the Lassen County Board of Supervisors. Each appointing authority (Council or Board) may also select up to two alternative members to serve in their absence of their respective regular meetings. In most instances, the appointing authorities select commissioners that also serve as members of the Susanville City Council and Lassen County Board of Supervisors. Commissioners are appointed to a one year term beginning in January.
The LCTC also includes the Caltrans District 2 representative as a non-voting ex-officio member. The ex-officio membership allows for participation by the District 2 designee in Commission discussions before and after public testimony, but without the ability to vote on Commission matters.
- Kathie Garnier, Chair (City Council)
- Jeff Hemphill, Vice Chair (Co. Supervisor)
- Brian Wilson (City Council)
- David Teeter (Co. Supervisor)
- Rod DeBoer (City Council)
- Aaron Albaugh (Co. Supervisor)
- Richard Egan, Executive Secretary
Members of the Social Services Transportation Advisory Council (SSTAC) are appointed by the LCTC which recruits candidates for appointment from a broad representation of social service and transit providers representing the elderly, the handicapped, and persons of limited means.
Current Members and Representation
- Mel McCormick - Potential transit user 60 years of age or older
- Pam Patton - Local social service provider for the disabled
- Vacant - Local social service provider for seniors
- Larry Scarborough - Local social service provider for the disabled
- Jackie Musick - Local social service provider for seniors
- Ron Leal - Local social service provider for seniors
- Jack Kessler - Local Consolidated Transportation Service Agency (CTSA)
- Carrie Nyman - Local social service provider for the disabled
- Melody Brawley - Local social service provider for persons of limited means
- Penny Artz - Local Consolidated Transportation Service Agency (CTSA)
- Tamara Rich - Caltrans District 2 Representative, Office of Regional Planning